Posting Date: 6/22/2023
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Professional Education Cluster / Continuing Education Team
Coach: Director, CE Standards & Compliance
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $56,752 – $63,058
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The purpose of this position is to support the work of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association’s (ASHA) Continuing Education (CE) Provider Approval and compliance programs. The Coordinator, CE Provider Approval has major responsibility for: (a) supporting the conduct of the CE Provider approval and re-approval processes, (b) managing communications and documentation related to CE Provider compliance and (c) the maintenance and retention of CE Provider records.
- Assist Director, CE Standards & Compliance in managing CE Provider recruitment and application processing.
- Serve as primary point of contact with potential applicants and provide consistent, accurate information and support to those interested in becoming an ASHA approved CE Provider.
- Create and maintain document storage systems for provider application and reapproval. Ensure accuracy and integrity of data associated with the provider approval process.
- Support the participant appeal process.
- Support the annual compliance review for CE Providers eligible for re-approval.
- Manage and maintain digital products used by organizations seeking approval or re-approval.
- Serve on the Ad Review team, reviewing ad buys mentioning continuing education to ensure compliance with Continuing Education Board (CEB) standards and policies.
- Provide the Continuing Education Board’s (CEB) ex officio with administrative support for the CEB.
- Participate on projects aimed to continuously improve efficiencies in workflow and service to organizations interested in becoming an ASHA approved CE Provider and undergoing re-approval.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- A bachelor's degree in Education, Communication Disorders, Business Administration, Legal Studies, or a related field
- 2 to 3 years administrative and coordinating experience, preferably with an accrediting agency or other standards setting and approval body
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
Demonstrated ability to:
- Compose business correspondence and standard operating procedures
- Use database management applications
- Use Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Use Salesforce or similar software
- Use queries in a customer relationship management database and business analytics tools
- Use document management and storage protocols
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
Demonstrated ability to:
- Work collaboratively on a team as well as the ability to lead project teams in work directives
- Communicate about complex procedures and requirements, particularly via the phone and email
- Independently initiate, organize, and appropriately prioritize workload with minimal supervision
- Interact in a professional manner with staff, volunteer leaders, members, and consumers
- Exercise maturity, judgement, tact and diplomacy during interaction with internal and external customers
- Discreetly handle confidential information