ASHA's Strategic Plan
Making effective communication, a human right, accessible and achievable for all.
Empowering and supporting speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists through:
- advancing science,
- setting standards,
- fostering excellence in professional practice, and
- advocating for members and those they serve.
Strategic Pathway Resources
ASHA's Core Values
Strategic Themes—"Pillars of Excellence"
Strategic Themes are the main focus areas of the Association's strategy and the key areas in which the Association must excel in order to achieve its vision, mission, and strategy. Following are ASHA's four strategic themes:
- Two Professions, One Vision
- Scientifically Based Professional Practices
- The Member Experience
Strategic Objectives define the Association's strategic intent. Strategic Objectives are action-oriented statements of what must be done to be successful. Following are the Strategic Objectives identified for ASHA's Strategic Pathway to Excellence.
- Expand data available for quality improvement and demonstration of value
- Advance Interprofessional Education and Interprofessional Collaborative Practice (IPE/IPP)
- Enhance the generation, publication, knowledge translation, and implementation of clinical research
- Enhance service delivery across the continuum of care to increase value and access to services
- Increase influence and demonstrated value of audiology and speech-language pathology services
- Increase Diversity/Equity/Inclusion (DEI) within the Association and the discipline
- Enhance international engagement
- Increase members' cultural competence
- Transform learning across the discipline
For additional information related to ASHA's Strategic Pathway to Excellence, please contact Rozsa Felix, Senior Director, Office of Business Excellence, at email@example.com.